Shopmotion

Affiliates
free forum

Hi Everyone

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi Everyone

Post  mikgol on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:06 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm not a quantity surveyor, I'm a computer programmer who has been working on a web-based estimating software over the past couple of years.

I got the idea a while back, when I came across a quantity surveyor who had developed an Access database to put together his BOQ's. As I have been developing web applications for a number of years, I decided to start a project in my spare time to make a web-based estimating software package.

The website has been up for a couple of months now in Beta mode - it's free to use.
I've had many people sign up since launch, however the majority do not spend much time and never log back in again. I presume this is because a) it may be too difficult/not intuitive enough, and b) I'm missing some fundamental business rules/functions that you Quantity Surveyors require.

Unfortunately, I do not know any QS's, so i've been flying blind, with the only guide for the design coming from various system's i've seen on the net.

Apologies for the long post. The reason I've signed up to this forum is in hope that some of you would like to take a look at my software and give me some feedback and suggestions on how it would be useful for you. In return I'll modify the software so that it does exactly what you want, and off course would offer a significant discount once it is out of beta mode (even though the subscription prices will be very low compared to other software out there)

Anyways, I hope to hear from some of you if you are interested. The product is called UltraBOQ (you can find the site by googling it - i didn't put a link here in case my post is seen as spam).

Kind Regards,
Michael
mikgol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum